Other residence permits

Studying, working or being an entrepreneur in Finland can also be grounds for a residence permit. If you have received a temporary residence permit, you must apply for an extended permit before your current permit expires.

The Refugee Advice Centre’s lawyers work on different kinds of residence permit cases during the application and appeal phases and when applying for an extended residence permit.

Our lawyers’ hourly fee is 150€, in addition to any possible translation or interpretation fees. If you do not have sufficient funds or income, we can apply for legal aid from the state for appeal cases. In these cases, the state will cover the cost of the lawyer either partially or in full. In most cases, it is not possible to apply for legal aid during the application phase.

More information on different residence permit types (in Finnish)
More information on extended residence permits (in Finnish)